Monday, May 16, 2011

Anyway, They Are My Students (part 1)

Last week we had class photo sessions. I forgot. So, without touching up, i took my students to the "studio". My students are very chatty, anytime they have a chance, they will make noises. That day was very hot and shinny. It was a good day, though. But i had to put on my school jacket.

The photographer (he) was from our sister campus, Karawaci. I wonder why my school didn't ask Pak Andre or someone else who are very good at the photo taking business. He was kinda annoyed with my students who were very noisy, and maybe he was tired and busy so got distracted with such noise. Even i had to shout and raise my voice to compete with 15 other voices. He told my students to be quiet few times. I warned the kids and took out my "weapon", "Guys, if you are not quiet, or making unnecessary noise, you will flip your card back in the class." They were quiet. Yes!

It took them only few minutes, and they started talking again, but this time was more quiet. I had to call out their names one by one for their picture to be taken, and they started to be louder. I got angrier and i started to raise my voice again. Even called certain names. "You guys are going to flip your cards in the classroom later!" With my eyes wide opened. The situation made me kinda about to pull out my hair. It's hot, I was sweating, my kids were noisy, and the photographer kept asking them to be quiet, so then i had to raise my voice again.

 Me:                      "Anyone wants to flip their cards again? Then be quiet and listen, LISTEN, Ok, Nathan, listen when i  called your name." ~ in one single breathe.
Sharon, raising her hand.
Me:                        "Yes, Sharon?"
Sharon:                  "Ibu Putri, you look pretty today."
Me, a bit blushing:  "Thank you, Sharon. You also look pretty."  :">
Me:                       "Ok, who still make that noise better be quiet NOW!!!"

Well, even though Sharon said that beautiful line in the middle of that mess, she had made my day :">.
That's my students, made me pulling out my hair, but at the end of the day, always made me laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment