Monday, June 11, 2012

Europe series - the transit KLIA


 Since days before, I was packing my backpack (well, actually it’s not mine, but Tisa’s – Thank you so much!), but never finished. The night before going on the trip, I had to sleep late at night for finishing packing. Sigghh..  Trying to be organized never work for me.

Finally, all were packed. I looked at my two bags, big one (12.9 kg) and smaller (I don’t know how much the weight is), and tried to carry them, on on the back, the smaller I carried in the front. OOohh, so heavy! Great, this is the load I will be carrying for 28 days. With the gravity theory, I will be shorter after this trip.
I left my super messy room  at the same time with Tiwi at 7.15. She’s going to Rezy’s house, while I was heading to Damri bus station. Waking up at 5.20 am, I was nervously ready for my trip, first time having long trip by myself (usually I go with Dini, Tisa or others).  I took 7.30am bus to Soekarno-Hatta airport. As usual, by the time my butt touched the flat soft surface, I fell asleep at once.


My bags and I before in the beginning.

Waking up at around 8.45, and found out that we were still at the toll road to the airport. There was bad traffic. Luckily I still had more than 2 hours before my flight to Kuala Lumpur boarded. I got to 2D terminal safe and sound and still had some times to go to the rest room and updating status J.

When I was on the plane, I couldn’t help but inspecting the passengers who some of them were still turning on their phone. Remembering Sukhoi tragedy, I was freaking out and kept praying. When will these people realize that what they are doing is very dangerous?

Thank God, the plane landed safe. I arrived at KLIA at 14.45 (Malaysian time, +1 hour of Jakarta time), then got lost when looking for the baggage claim. Apparently in KLIA, we have to go in a monorail to get to the baggage section. Ok, I got off and looking at the signs leading to the baggage claim, to find out that there were so many baggage rails. I tried to find the one with Lion air’s load, but couldn’t find it. I started to become panic. Luckily I met the family who were in the same flight from Jakarta. Phew, it was far in the H section.

Got the bag... still heavy. Contemplating what to do next, go to KL or just wait in the airport. Considering the traffic, the hustle, weather and the probability I would get lost, I decided to stay in the airport. I wanted to eat Nasi Lemak while in Malaysia, but they didn’t have it in Food Garden. So, I had my favourite food ever, Nasi goreng and telur dadar, plus the tarik.

The waiting continued, I got online, did some internet stuff with free wifi KLIA provided for 3 hours limits, was exploring the airport a bit and tried to stay away from shops.  And stuck in a food court without internet access just because I need to recharge my netbook.
It’s getting colder, and I changed to my longer pants. Hopefully it won’t be this cold in the plane. 

2 hours before the boarding time, i managed to eat nasi lemak.. yay! But it didn't taste that good since i ate it in hurry. And i forgot my tooth brush, tooth paste and my hat are in the big bag.

Tomorrow when i wake up, i'll be in another continent. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment